Ukraine reported it Shot Down 37 of a total 40 Russian Missiles around Kyiv
Ukrainian air defense forces have shot down 37 of a total of 40 Russian missiles aimed at Kyiv region, said the spokesman of the Kyiv military administration Mykhailo Shamanov, quoted by Reuters and BTA.
The missile attack was one of Russia's largest against Ukraine since the beginning of the war, the spokesman said in a televised address.
The Ukrainian air defense forces also shot down 10 missiles over the Dnipropetrovsk region, regional governor Valentin Reznichenko said on Telegram.
Energy consumption in Ukraine has dropped by more than 50 percent today following attacks across the country, energy grid operator Ukrenergo said in a statement.
A senior Ukrainian official said earlier today that electricity had been cut in places across the country after Russian missiles hit power facilities in several areas.
Read more from the 296th day of the war in Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol
- » Day 388 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden called Putin's Arrest Warrant a "Very Strong Move" by the ICC
- » Day 387 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Slovakia gives 13 MiG-29 Fghters to Kyiv
- » Day 386 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Western Media reports of over 100,000 Dead Ukrainian Servicemen
- » Day 385 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hit a US Drone over the Black Sea