The EP recognized the Holodomor as Genocide, the Bulgarian Socialists and 2 from the EPP didn’t Vote
The European Parliament recognized the Holodomor in Ukraine as genocide in a resolution passed by an overwhelming majority. Two of the petitioners are Bulgarian MEPs - Andrey Kovachev and Alexander Yordanov from the European People's Party.
9 Bulgarian representatives supported the resolution, it is clear from the check of the roll-call vote. Not one was "against" or "abstained".
8 out of a total of 17 MEPs from Bulgaria did not participate in the vote. These are our five representatives from the Bulgarian Socialist Party, Emil Radev and Eva Maydell from the European People's Party and Ilhan Kyuchuk from "Renew Europe".
Kyuchuk did not vote because he left the session in Strasbourg for the meeting of European leaders from the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats in Europe, as he is its co-chair.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 578 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv’s Forces continue the Counteroffensive in Southeast
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Day 574 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO’s Stoltenberg calls for more Air Defense Systems
- » Ukrainian Missile may have caused the Tragedy in Kostiantynivka in which 15 People Died