WHO: Bulgaria is Third in the World in Deaths caused by Air Pollution
According to the WHO, Bulgaria has the third highest death rate in the world caused by air pollution.
Every year, over 15,000 people in the country die prematurely due to this reason.
It also leads to reduced productivity and costs for treating diseases caused by pollution.
In addition, Bulgaria is in almost constant violation of European air quality legislation aimed at protecting people's health, and has already been condemned, the WHO recalls.
Therefore, at a round table on the subject in the National Assembly this week, it was decided that the conclusions and recommendations of the world organization will be included in the project for the National Health Strategy for the period 2021 - 2030.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 311 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Jump in Cases - 445 in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Bulgaria received 80,640 Doses of the New Vaccine against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 New Cases in the Last 24 hours