The President of Austria regrets that his country blocked Bulgaria and Romania for Schengen
Austrian President Alexander van der Bellen said today during a visit to Slovenia that he "extremely regrets" his country's veto against the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area of free movement.
Van der Bellen pointed out that Austria is in a very difficult situation due to the flow of refugees and migrants.
"Unfortunately, however, I have to admit that I do not see the connection between this problem and the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen. I do not see how this blockade of Romania's entry changes in any way the situation in Austria," he was quoted as saying this morning by Austrian media.
He admitted that his country's position was not understood by many in Europe.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine
- » Von der Leyen: Managing the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is the Most Urgent Task for Strengthening EU's Land Borders
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina