Indonesia has banned Sex outside of Marriage
Indonesia's parliament today adopted legal amendments banning extramarital sex and introducing other important changes to the country's criminal code, reported AFP.
According to the new texts, punishments are also imposed for insulting the country's president, reports Reuters.
Deputy speaker of the parliament Sufmi Dasco Ahmad declared the new texts adopted, which won a majority of the votes of the deputies in the plenary session of the parliament, but critics say they undermine civil liberties in the predominantly Muslim country.
Supporters of the legislative changes in parliament welcomed their passage as it took decades to agree on them.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine