Estonia buys HIMARS from the US
Estonia has agreed to buy six HIMARS missile systems from the United States worth more than 0 million, the state-run Defense Investment Agency said, as quoted by AFP. This is the largest arms purchase in Estonia's history.
The country, as well as its Baltic neighbors Latvia and Lithuania, increased defense spending because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The HIMARS systems, which were provided to Ukraine, are considered to be one of the most effective tools in the arsenal in defense against the Russian military.
Estonia will also buy from the US missiles, without specifying their number, but they will have the ability to hit targets 1,300 kilometers away. The first deliveries will be in 2024.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)
- » European Commission: The Imposition of Additional Conditions for Schengen on Bulgaria is Unfair
- » New 7.5 Earthquake in Turkey
- » Russia Closed the only Road to Georgia
- » Day 348 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Promised Former Israeli PM to Not Kill Zelensky
- » World Leaders expressed Sympathy and Willingness to Help after the Earthquake in Turkey