Bulgaria: 14 Migrants detained in a Private Ambulance near Burgas - Driver Dressed as Paramedic (UPDATED)
Fourteen (14) illegal migrants from Syria, Tunisia and Libya were detained by the Burgas gendarmerie near the Sredets village of Draka, Burgas region. They were in a private ambulance equipped with medical equipment and a blue warning light. The ambulance driver, a 31-year-old man from Sofia, was dressed as a paramedic, said Burgas police director Kaloyan Kaloyanov.The specialized car, which has full medical equipment, was bought a month ago from a car dealership in Sofia by a company also registered a month ago. The ambulance driver is also the owner of the company. The ambulance went from Sofia to the area around Malko Tarnovo, where the migrants were picked up. A gendarmerie team stopped the specialized vehicle not by accident, but after an assessment for risk analysis, Senior Commissioner Kaloyanov also said. The driver has already been charged with migrant trafficking, said the administrative head of the district prosecutor's office, Maria Markova. A second charge is to be brought against him – for driving a car after using narcotic substances. According to the first charge of trafficking in migrants, the prescribed punishment is from one to one to six years in prison, prosecutor Markova specified. According to Senior Commissioner Kaloyanov, this was the ambulance's first course for transporting illegal immigrants.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » Bulgaria: A 3-Year-Old Child died after a Home Boiler Explosion in Ruse
- » A Pack of Stray Dogs Killed a Woman in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik