Von der Leyen slipped up: Ukraine has given over 100,000 Casualties
The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, angered Ukraine by saying that since the beginning of the Russian aggression, the country has given 120,000 victims.
The video and her written statement had to be corrected.
????????????????????????????Comparison between the first video posted by Ursula von der Leyen and the second video that was cut pic.twitter.com/qntMDTCJ92— AZ ???????????????? (@AZgeopolitics) November 30, 2022
Her words about over 20,000 civilians killed in Ukraine and over 100,000 military personnel caused astonishment. Sergey Nikiforov - a representative of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, reacted to the statement. He said that information about the losses of the armed forces of Kyiv is a sensitive matter and that it can only be made public by the commander-in-chief, the minister of defense or the head of state.
We are talking about victims - both killed and wounded, Commission spokesperson Dana Spinant specified on Twitter
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » Day 344 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Von der Leyen visits Kyiv, Russian Officer witnessed Brutal Torture of Ukrainians (UPDATED)
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Day 342 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden is against sending Fighter Jets to Kyiv