Two Explosions in Jerusalem: One Dead, 18 Injured
At least 18 people were injured in Jerusalem on Wednesday morning after twin explosions near two entrances of the city, The Jerusalem Post newspaper reported.
Two of those who were injured are in critical condition, the newspaper added. The first explosion occurred close to the main entrance of a bus stop in Givat Shaul, west Jerusalem around 7 am. Shortly after, a second blast took place at the Ramot junction, another entrance to the city, The Times of Israel (TOI) reported.
Media reports said that the causes of the explosions were not immediately determined. However, police said that one of the blasts appeared to have been caused by a bomb placed in a handbag left at near the bus
So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the blasts. Israeli security agencies were sweeping the area to find any suspects connected to the blasts.
The explosions came amid heightened tensions in the country, following a series of attacks that have left dozens of people in the country, TOI reported.
The blasts come as Israel prepares to usher in a new government.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Urgent Warning: US Funds for Ukraine Depleting Rapidly
- » Essequibo Referendum: Venezuela's Landslide Vote Stuns Guyana and World
- » MEPs Rally in Vienna Against Austria's Schengen Block on Bulgaria and Romania
- » Day 649 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Klitschko Criticized Zelensky, Called for Honesty on the Situation in the Country
- » Bulgaria's Air Schengen Inclusion Nears Amid Constitutional Changes
- » At Least 11 Tourists Died after a Volcano Erupted in Indonesia