Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros
Cooperation between the Bulgarian and Greek police led to the arrest of Bulgarians involved in a fraudulent scheme for 264 thousand euros.
The police in Thessaloniki announced that a criminal ring for phone scams was uncovered thanks to the exchange of information and joint actions with the Bulgarian authorities.
Nine Bulgarian citizens and two Greeks participated in the criminal group. In just 5 months, they stole 264 thousand euros and valuable items from elderly people. They posed as doctors or police officers, asking the elderly to pay for the release of a loved one after a botched accident or emergency surgery.
During the investigation, 18 frauds and 6 attempted frauds were proven.
Four of the Bulgarians were arrested while receiving money, and the other Bulgarians were detained by the authorities in Bulgaria. They are expected to be handed over to Greek justice soon, reported the police in Thessaloniki.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Two Ukrainians were detained for Theft in Burgas, Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Armed Robbery of a Collection Car took place in Sofia