In the US, Democrats retain their Majority in the Senate after Key Victory in Nevada
The Democratic Party in the United States retains its majority in the US Senate after a key victory in the midterm elections in the state of Nevada.
Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto prevailed over Republican challenger Adam Laxalt, a former state attorney general backed by former President Donald Trump, according to projected results.
Thus, Democrats now have 50 seats in the 100-member Senate, compared to 49 for Republicans.
A similar outcome is also expected in the state of Georgia, where there will be a runoff on September 6.
At the same time, a growing majority for the Republicans in the lower house of Congress is emerging.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina
- » Day 343 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US will provide Long-Awaited Longer-Range Weapons (UPDATED)
- » Record Sales of Electric Cars in Europe for 2022
- » Chip War: US tightens Noose on China with Japan-Netherlands Deal
- » EU with Higher Solar and Wind Energy Production in 2022 than Gas