Bulgaria approved the Project to Purchase 8 New F-16 Fighter Jets
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria adopted a decision approving the project "Acquisition of 8 new F-l6C/D Block 70 aircraft, ammunition, training equipment, maintenance equipment, spare parts, initial maintenance and training for the Bulgarian Air Force".
The cabinet also gave the go-ahead to the "Multipurpose Information Distribution System - Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS JTRS) and related support and equipment" project.
The Government authorizes the Minister of Defense to sign the contracts after the adoption by the National Assembly of the Investment Expenditure Project "Acquisition of a new type of combat aircraft" (second stage).
According to Art. 85, para. 1, item 4 and item 7 of the Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria, the contracts are subject to subsequent ratification by the National Assembly.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Von der Leyen: The Strengthening of the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a priority against Migration
- » Bulgaria’s President: When we Sell Weapons to Other Countries, We will Set Conditions so that they don’t Reach Ukraine
- » Asylum Applicants in 2022 Increase by 64% in EU, by 86% in Bulgaria
- » The Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Intensifies: 1.6 times Increase in the Number of People Caught
- » The EU will allocate 600 Million Euros to Strengthen Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending