Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
Begging and prostitution are no longer crimes in Bulgaria. The Constitutional Court annulled as unconstitutional the texts of the Penal Code, which declared begging and the provision of paid sexual services as criminal acts.
The begging text was struck down unanimously by all the judges. And the one about prostitution with the special opinion of judge Yanaki Stoilov.
The request to declare the texts unconstitutional was submitted by the chief prosecutor Ivan Geshev.
The two texts have been part of the Criminal Code since 1968, when it was adopted and entered into force on May 1 of the same year on the occasion of Labor Day.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros