After Putin’s Announcement: One-Way Tickets for Flights from Russia Sold Out in Minutes
One-way flights from Russia sold out literally in minutes after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the immediate mobilization of 300,000 reservists earlier today, Reuters reported.
Putin's address, broadcast early in the morning on tape, sparked fear and panic that men fit to bear arms would no longer be allowed to leave the country.
Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu assured that mobilization would be limited to those with experience as professional soldiers and that students and conscripts would not be called up under the flags.
However, Google Trends showed a sharp increase in search for Aviasales, Russia's most popular site for buying airline tickets.
The website's data shows that all direct flights from Moscow to Istanbul and Yerevan are completely sold out. Both countries do not require visas for Russian citizens.
There are also no tickets for some connecting flights, such as through Tbilisi, while the cheapest tickets to Dubai cost 300,000 rubles ($5,000), or five times the average monthly salary in Russia.
Aeroflot and its affiliated companies Rossiya and Pobeda stated that they are operating as usual and have not introduced any restrictions on the issuance of tickets, according to a press release of the airline, quoted by TASS.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » Putin: Russia now has Four New Territories, We are ready for Negotiations with Ukraine
- » Russia has declared the Nord Stream Leaks “State Terrorism” and turned its attention to the US
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Russian Nuclear Threats: US steps up Surveillance, Poland wants “Devastating” NATO response