Serbia: People Protest Against the Holding of European Pride in Belgrade
A protest of many thousands in Belgrade - people, most of them strongly religious and those with an extreme right-wing orientation, joined a procession against the holding of European pride in the Serbian capital.
The demonstration took place despite President Aleksandar Vucic saying the event planned for September would be "postponed or canceled". The reason - Serbia has enough problems, and he also cites threats from far-right activists.
The Serbian Orthodox Church has also spoken out against the Pride, saying it threatens traditional family values. Manifestations of the LGBT community in Serbia are often accompanied by violence and hooliganism. According to the organizers, Europride will still be held on September 17 in Belgrade.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Train carrying NATO Military equipment derailed in Greece
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Borrell: There is an Agreement between Kosovo and Serbia
- » Kosovo postponed fines for "Serbian" License Plates at the Request of the US
- » NATO has urged Serbia and Kosovo not to escalate Tensions
- » Leader of VMRO-DPMNE demanded that Bulgaria recognize a "Macedonian Minority"