Bulgaria: Lightning Strike Killed Husband and Wife
A tragic incident in the area of the Bulgarian village of Gigintsi.
Local media reports that a lightning strike took the lives of a man and a woman on the road to the Chernogorsk monastery on Saturday night. On their way home from the monastery, the couple decided to take shelter in a gazebo, mayor of the village Tsana Sandova told the media.
The woman is from Gigintsi, but the family lives in the town of Radomir. "During the weekends, they go home to the village and often go out," said the mayor, who was called to the scene of the accident to identify them, as the husbands did not carry any documents with them. According to her, they have a 19-year-old child.
Experts advise not to seek shelter under gazebos and trees during thunderstorms and not to use mobile phones.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: A Tanker Exploded in Ruse - One Casualty Reported
- » Bulgaria: Police Officer injured during a Chase with Migrants remains in Critical Condition
- » At least 35 Injured after 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake in Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police are looking for a Car with Migrants that Escaped after a Chase on Trakia Highway (UPDATED)