Facebook with first Historical Drop in Revenue
The social network Facebook for the first time in its history reported a decline in revenues - for the second quarter they fell by 1% to 28.8 billion dollars.
The drop in revenue for the third quarter is expected to be even greater, reports The Verge.
Parent company Meta's total profit fell 36% to $6.7 billion. Reality Labs, the division responsible for creating Mark Zuckerberg's meta-universe, lost $2.8 billion in the second quarter.
Apple's "Ask not to track" app has reduced the effectiveness of ads, with iPhone users alone losing $10 billion in ad revenue last year alone. The application, combined with the global recession and crises forced advertisers to reduce their spending.
Although Meta's revenue is down, the company still saw daily Facebook users grow by 3% to 1.97 billion.
The company now counts 2.88 billion users who use the company's suite of applications - Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Lack of Firewood Imports from Bulgaria led to a Sharp Rise in Prices in Greece
- » "Politico": No Sanctions against Russian Nuclear Energy - Because of Bulgaria
- » Is It A Good Idea To Trade USDC
- » Ex-Head of the Bulgarian Services: Putin feels Cornered and looks for a Solution Hysterically
- » Bulgaria’s President Convenes Consultative Meeting on the Escalation of the War in Ukraine
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas