New Omicron Variant Discovered in Bulgaria
For the first time in Bulgaria, the subvariant of COVID-19 VA.4 was identified in Sofia (city) and Burgas region. This was announced by the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
In all 165 clinical samples, the Omicron virus variant was detected. The faster-spreading BA.5.x variant is growing in number. In June they were 37.7%, in July 68.4% of the samples were of this subvariant.
The highest prevalence of variant BA.5.x is observed in the regions of Burgas and Varna (66.7%), followed by the region of Sofia and Sofia (city) (38.6%) and all other regions (34.9%).
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 185 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Health Inspector: The Peak of the Flu Epidemic is expected at the end of January and the first week of February
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 153 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 221 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 163 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 288 New Cases in the Last 24 hours