Orban on the Sanctions against Russia: "The EU did Not Shoot itself in the Foot, but in its Lungs"
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban commented on the national radio station Kossuth Rádió on Friday about the current situation and the consequences of Western sanctions against Moscow, saying that his previous assumptions about their effect have now been confirmed, as the sanctions policy has not lived up to the European Union's initial hopes.
"I have to say that at first, I thought that we just shot ourselves in the foot, but now it seems that the European economy has shot itself in the lungs and is therefore now suffocating everywhere," explained Orban.
A month earlier, Hungary's prime minister said an embargo on Russian energy imports would destroy the bloc's economy.
A state of emergency was imposed in Hungary earlier this week due to the situation in the energy market.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » German Consumer Sentiment Collapses to Record Low due to Inflation and Energy Crisis
- » The Far-Right Won in Italy’s Elections
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » EU: Mobilization and the Referendums show Putin's Desperation
- » Italy could Pay you 15,000 Euros to Move to Sardinia
- » The EU to Give 55 Million Euros to Bulgaria for Refugees and Social Payments