Greece Rescued 7 Bulgarian Sailors
Greece rescued seven Bulgarian sailors - the crew of a cargo ship that suffered an accident off the southern coast of the country, informs BNR.
With a helicopter, the Greek port authorities rescued the crew of a ship that reported a large volume of water entering the ship.
The accident occurred 9 nautical miles from the island of Pylos. The entire crew consists of seven Bulgarian sailors, who are in good condition, but have been hospitalized in the city of Kalamata as a precaution, the police informed.
The ship is under the Panamanian flag and was carrying cement from Turkey to Italy.
Under the pressure of the cargo, the ship will most likely sink, say rescuers who boarded the vessel.
During the rescue operation, three Coast Guard vessels were on standby next to the Panamanian ship. The reasons for the incident are being clarified.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: An Accident with 3 Deaths closed a Section of the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: 9 Accidents with 1 Fatality since the Morning on the Trakia Highway
- » Critical Low Level of the Danube River
- » The Fire in Emilian Gebrev's Ammunition Warehouses near Karnobat has been completely Extinguished
- » Bulgaria: Explosion and Fire in an Ammunition Warehouse near Karnobat
- » Bomb Threat closed Sofia Airport, People were Evacuated