Defense Minister: The Behavior of the Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria is Unacceptable
“Ambassador Eleonora Mitrofanova categorically does not respect Bulgaria”. This is what the resigned Defense Minister Dragomir Zakov thinks.
"The behavior of the Russian ambassador in our country is unacceptable. This is not the way to conduct diplomacy. I am sure that the Russian diplomatic service has many professional diplomats who would represent the Russian state in our country much more successfully and with much more serious respect for Bulgaria," Zakov said on Nova TV. According to him, diplomacy between Sofia and Moscow will not be terminated.
"We saw that the Russian ambassador threatened to propose to the Russian leadership to close the mission in our country. My experience and opinion is that such an action is detrimental to the country that closes the embassy. I do not believe that the Russian state will make such a decision. Even if this happens, it does not in itself mean the severance of diplomatic relations", explained the retired Minister of Defense.
According to him, it is good to consider whether the representative of Russia in our country should not be replaced.
"Each diplomat, regardless of the state policy he follows, must respect the host country. There were many cases in which Mitrofanova could be declared persona non grata. The closing of the Russian embassy will be detrimental to Russian citizens in our country. If the Bulgarian embassy in Moscow is closed by the Russian side, then the Bulgarian citizens there will suffer", said Dragomir Zakov.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16
- » Defense Minister: Repair Enterprises for Bulgarian Aircraft can Work without Service from Russia