EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
The European Commission will provide Ukraine with funds "to combat public health risks such as chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats," the institution’s media reported.
Medical equipment, protective and specialized equipment "are on their way to Ukraine", said Crisis Management Commissioner Janez Lenarcic. "The European Union has provided 300,000 specialized protective suits, 5,600 liters of disinfectants and 850 pieces of decontamination equipment," the commissioner's spokesman added.
The medical equipment provided includes monitors, infusion pumps and respirators, as well as protective equipment for medics, such as masks and aprons.
"Hospital and medical staff in Ukraine are working under fire and we must do everything in our power to provide them with the necessary tools to save lives," Lenarcic said.
The funds requested by the Ukrainian government total 11.3m euros, according to the statement. They are provided by EU emergency stocks located in Romania, Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Greece and Denmark.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 177 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Powerful Explosions in Crimea, Russia switches to the Yuan
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters
- » Day 176 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 6 Killed in Russian Bombing of Kharkiv
- » Trio of UN Chief, Erdogan, Zelensky to visit Black Sea Port of Odesa
- » Day 175 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Explosions in Crimea, Russia Admits it was Sabotage
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP