EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
The European Commission will provide Ukraine with funds "to combat public health risks such as chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats," the institution’s media reported.
Medical equipment, protective and specialized equipment "are on their way to Ukraine", said Crisis Management Commissioner Janez Lenarcic. "The European Union has provided 300,000 specialized protective suits, 5,600 liters of disinfectants and 850 pieces of decontamination equipment," the commissioner's spokesman added.
The medical equipment provided includes monitors, infusion pumps and respirators, as well as protective equipment for medics, such as masks and aprons.
"Hospital and medical staff in Ukraine are working under fire and we must do everything in our power to provide them with the necessary tools to save lives," Lenarcic said.
The funds requested by the Ukrainian government total 11.3m euros, according to the statement. They are provided by EU emergency stocks located in Romania, Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Greece and Denmark.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 655 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Ukrainians are Under Threat if Western Countries Stop their Support for Kyiv
- » Day 654 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls on Ukrainians to Maintain Resilience in the Winter
- » Day 653 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Aid to the Country has Fallen to its Lowest Level since the Start of the War
- » Day 652 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Republicans in US Senate Blocked Billions in Aid to Kyiv
- » Day 651 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US Aid in Political Deadlock
- » Day 650 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Threatened Latvia over its Treatment of Ethnic Russians