First Cases of Monkeypox in Bulgaria
As of June 23, 2022, two cases of monkeypox have been confirmed in Bulgaria. The patients are men aged 41 and 44, respectively. Both are hospitalized in hospitals in the capital and are in good general condition. Laboratory samples sent by medical institutions were confirmed at the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases by specific real-time PCR analyzes.
According to initial data, both people reported traveling abroad in the previous two weeks - in Spain and the UK, respectively, without providing information about contacting people with monkeypox.
Epidemiological studies in both cases are ongoing.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
/Ministry of Health
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 166 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Minister of Health: On December 15, Bulgaria will receive its First Medical Helicopter
- » The US Declassifies Information on the Origin of Covid
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 200 New Cases in the Last 24 hours