First Cases of Monkeypox in Bulgaria
As of June 23, 2022, two cases of monkeypox have been confirmed in Bulgaria. The patients are men aged 41 and 44, respectively. Both are hospitalized in hospitals in the capital and are in good general condition. Laboratory samples sent by medical institutions were confirmed at the National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases by specific real-time PCR analyzes.
According to initial data, both people reported traveling abroad in the previous two weeks - in Spain and the UK, respectively, without providing information about contacting people with monkeypox.
Epidemiological studies in both cases are ongoing.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
/Ministry of Health
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 538 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 472 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 532 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 549 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Sharp Jump in New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Third Case of Monkeypox has been Confirmed