Day 116 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO fears the War could Last for years
Here are the highlights of events related to the war in Ukraine over the past 24 hours:
NATO fears the war in Ukraine could last years
“Russia's war in Ukraine could last for years”. This was stated by NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg in an interview with the German weekly "Bild am Sonntag".
NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg believes that supplying Ukraine with modern weapons would increase the possibility of freeing the Donbas region from Russian control.
"We must be prepared for the fact that this may take years. We must not reduce our support for Ukraine, even if the costs are high, not only for military support but also for rising energy and food prices," he said. Stoltenberg.
Earlier, he said that at a NATO summit in Madrid later this month it was expected for members to agree on a package of aid to Ukraine that would make it easier for the country to transition from obsolete Soviet weapons to those that meet NATO standards.
Zelensky visited Mykolaiv
Yesterday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky visited the city of Mykolaiv near the front line of battle with Russian forces. He inspected damaged buildings and met with local authorities, soldiers and health workers. From there, the head of state went to the Odessa region, where he examined the base, examples of weapons, shooting range and awards border guards.
Missiles strikes in the East
Meanwhile, three Russian missiles were reported to have destroyed a fuel depot in the eastern Ukrainian city of Novomoskovsk. Eleven people were injured. Novomoskovsk is located northeast of the Dnipro regional center. Earlier, Luhansk Oblast Governor Serhiy Haidai said Russia was sending huge numbers of reservists to Sievierodonetsk to try to gain control of the city.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN