Bulgaria: Hundreds of Protesters gathered in front of Parliament in support of Nikola Minchev
Hundreds protested in front of the parliament in support of Nikola Minchev, who hours ago was removed from the post of Speaker of the National Assembly - with the votes of GERB, DPS, “There Is Such a People” and “Vazrazhdane”.
"We don't want GERB, DPS and the ‘kopeykas’, we don't want mafia, corruption! Let's not run away from Bulgaria. No to Putin! We want Bulgaria to be an independent European country," the protesters chanted.
Some of the demonstrators carry signs with slogans "I am with Nikola".
At 19:15 p.m. Nikola Minchev came out on the stairs in front of the National Assembly and was applauded by the demonstrators.
Before that, the deputies from Democratic Bulgaria joined the protest and spoke in front of the crowd.
After the vote on the budget, the entire parliamentary group of the “We Continue the Change”, together with Nikola Minchev, will go to the demonstrators.
The protesters repeatedly called on the chairman of the parliamentary group of “There Is Such a People”, Toshko Yordanov, to come out to meet with him, but he did not show up.
At 19:30 p.m. the procession headed to the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 151 Years since the birth of Gotse Delchev: Bulgarians are Blocked at the Border with North Macedonia for More than an Hour!
- » Bulgaria: How much will the April 2 Elections Cost?
- » Bulgaria’s President instructed the New Cabinet: Fight against Poverty
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » The Economist: Democracy in Bulgaria has the Worst Result in 16 years
- » 5 Caretaker Governments out of a Total of 9 in the History of Bulgaria belong to President Radev