From 2024 - The Same Chargers for All Small and Medium Mobile Devices in the EU
Representatives of the 27 EU member states and MEPs agreed on a universal charger for smartphones, tablets, consoles and digital cameras. It should be introduced by the autumn of 2024. At the next stage, the unification of laptop chargers is also expected. This was announced by the European Parliament, quoted by AFP.
This regulation, which will require a single USB-C port for all small and medium-sized electronic devices, aims to reduce environmentally harmful waste and protect the rights of consumers forced to accumulate incompatible chargers.
The American giant Apple, which defends its “Lightening” technology, is fiercely opposed to such initiatives.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria