Turkey will Block the Accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has reaffirmed his position on Sweden and Finland in NATO. Ankara will not allow the two countries and will block their accession to the Alliance.
Yesterday, it was announced that the first diplomats from Sweden and Finland were preparing to visit Ankara to discuss their candidacies for NATO.
The Turkish president advised them not to bother sending delegations to Turkey to persuade him to support them. The reason is that, according to Erdogan, they are "guest houses for terrorist organizations" and shelter people associated with groups identified as terrorist.
These include the EU-recognized terrorist organization PKK, the Kurdistan Workers' Party, and the followers of Fethullah Gulen, whom Ankara named as the organizer of the coup attempt in 2016. Any NATO enlargement requires the approval of 30 member states and their parliaments.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » The Czech Republic will also Expel 70 People from its Russian Embassy
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack