Bulgartransgaz: We will Not Stop the Transit of Russian Gas
“Although Russia has stopped the supply of natural gas to Bulgaria, our country will not stop the transit of Russian gas to Serbia, Greece and North Macedonia”. This was stated by Vladimir Malinov, Executive Director of Bulgartransgaz.
Bulgaria has started negotiations with Turkey to provide a route for the supply of natural gas as an alternative route, Malinov said.
Bulgartransgaz is ready to fill the storage facility in Chiren by the end of the summer and autumn. The company also explained that yesterday another test was made on the route between Bulgaria and Greece and everything is going according to plan, so that the interconnector will be completed on time, although Bulgartransgaz itself will not be its operator.
“As of May 15, there are 113 million cubic meters gas in the storage facility in Chiren, which represents about 21% of the technical capacity,” Malinov told BNT.
He reassured that this is a normal volume for this time of year. "Compared to last year, we have about 6% more natural gas in storage."
Malinov pointed out that the mining season is over, we are currently in a period of injection.
"On a daily basis, about 1 million cubic meters of gas are injected," he said.
A meeting of the Energy Committee was supposed to take place in Chiren, but it did not take place because most of the MPs did not come.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia