The EC is proposing a Ban on Imports of all Russian Oil
The European Commission is proposing a ban on imports of all Russian oil. The ban is part of the EU's sixth package of sanctions, which European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen presented today at the European Parliament in Strasbourg.
The proposal to the Member States is to stop the import of crude oil within six months and of refined petroleum products by the end of the year. More Russian banks and those responsible for war crimes in Ukraine will also be sanctioned.
"Today we are proposing a ban on Russian oil. This will be a complete ban on the import of all Russian oil - by sea and from pipelines, crude and refined. We will take care to phase out the import of Russian oil in an organized way that allows us and our partners to provide alternative delivery routes and minimize the impact on world markets. That is why we will stop the supply of crude oil from Russia within six months and refined products - by the end of the year. In this way, we are maximizing pressure on Russia while minimizing collateral damage to ourselves and our partners around the world. Because to help Ukraine, our own economy must remain strong. With all these steps, we are depriving the Russian economy of its ability to diversify and modernize. Putin wanted to erase Ukraine from the map.”
“It is clear that he will not succeed. On the contrary: Ukraine has revolted and is united. And his own country, Russia, is sinking," said Ursula von der Leyen, the EC's president.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Every 10th Resident of France is an Immigrant
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform