Austria has Agreed to Pay for Russian Gas in Rubles after the cut to Bulgaria and Poland
Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer announced on Wednesday that his government, along with Austrian oil company OMV, has agreed to pay for Russian gas imports in rubles.
The statement is a fact after earlier on Wednesday the Russian energy giant Gazprom cut off gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria due to non-compliance with its requirements for paying for blue fuel in rubles.
Karl Nehammer also said that both Austria and Germany have accepted the terms of payments for Russian gas, as such payments have been found to be in line with the terms of Western sanctions against Moscow.
Earlier this month, the Austrian chancellor said it was "impossible" for the European Union to impose an embargo on Russian gas.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?