36 years since the Chernobyl Accident
Today marks the 36th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident in Ukraine.
On this day, in 1986, a powerful explosion erupted in block 4 of the plant. It is difficult to determine the exact number of victims.
Dozens died immediately, but more than 100,000 people died from radiation-related cancer.
The worst accident in the history of nuclear energy forced nearly 300,000 people to flee their homes, vast areas are no depopulated and much of Europe is littered with radioactive materials.
Bulgaria was also affected, as the then authorities deliberately did not inform in time about the problem, and adequate actions were not taken to protect the population.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby