The European Commission has offered Ukraine accelerated accession to the European Union
The European Commission has proposed an accelerated path to Ukraine's accession to the European Union.
At a meeting between EC President Ursula von der Leyen and President Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine received a special questionnaire as a step towards granting EU candidate status.
Ursula von der Leyen assured Zelensky that the EU would support Ukraine to ensure that its adoption would take “weeks, not years”.
“Russia will fall into economic, financial and technological decline as Ukraine moves towards a European future, I see that,” EC President Ursula von der Leyen told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Receiving the questionnaire in an envelope, Zelensky assured reporters that it would be ready in a week.
Josep Borrell, the EU's high representative for foreign policy, added that more than 7 million euros had been allocated to gather evidence of war crimes before the International Criminal Court.
Borrell assured Zelensky that EU delegates would return to Kyiv soon, and called on his colleagues to follow their example.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack
- » Henry Kissinger: There are Three Possible Ways Out of the War in Ukraine
- » The Hypocrisy of the EU on Ukraine
- » UAE sends Aid to Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Day 127 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Syria Recognized the Separatist "Republics" in Donbas, Zelensky broke Diplomatic Relations with Assad