Bulgarian soldiers are in Mariupol to rescue trapped Bulgarian sailors
“A special group of Bulgarian military under the command of the Chief of Military Intelligence Gen. Venelin Venev is in Mariupol to pull the sailors from the Bulgarian ship blocked there.” This was announced by Prime Minister Kiril Petkov during the blitz control in the parliament.
The group was ready to withdraw the crew earlier this week, but the situation was too risky, the prime minister explained.
“The captain's request was - leave us here for now, we think the risk is greater than you report. When I have such a call from the captain, I said - they have to decide, it's their responsibility, their lives, and I can't say anything more from here,” said Kiril Petkov.
“I would also like to assure you that General Venev, who is personally responsible for this operation, is in communication with both the Russian side and the Ukrainian side,” the prime minister added.
According to the Prime Minister, there are 15 Bulgarians on board the ship “Tsarevna”.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » Bulgaria: The Fire near Lyubimets and Harmanli has been Contained
- » Bulgaria: A Bus full of Children Crashed on Trakia Highway Last Night
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed