Bulgaria’s Special Prosecution targets SANS for Russian Espionage while SANS is Investigating the same Issue
A special operation against Bulgarian counterintelligence agents is taking place in the building of the State Agency for National Security in Sofia (SANS). According to unconfirmed information from Nova TV, the investigation is against SANS employees accused of espionage in favor of the Russian intelligence services operating in Bulgaria
Minutes after the news of the action came out, President Rumen Radev also spoke on the topic. “SANS has a strong immune system and is working actively to prevent any breakthrough in terms of espionage activities,” the head of state said.
Prime Minister Petkov: We are investigating a large Russian intelligence diaspora in Bulgaria
“What we are investigating in many places is a large Russian diaspora in Bulgaria. SANS is investigating them. Some of my reports are about Russian agents who worked specifically against our mutual understanding of the Republic of North Macedonia. Russia's interest has been focused on having no European future for the Western Balkans”. This was stated by Prime Minister Kiril Petkov in Blagoevgrad.
According to him, someone is trying to replace the Bulgarian interest. “We have several such cases that we are working on,” he said.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moscow invites Bulgarian IT Workers to Emigrate to Russia under a Simplified Procedure
- » NATO: The Majority of Bulgarians support an Increase in Defense Spending
- » Bulgaria’s President: The Caretaker Government will Not Provide Ukraine with Fighter Jets, Anti-Aircraft Defense, or Tanks
- » Foreign Minister: After October Bulgaria and Romania will have No Obstacles for Schengen
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine