Sofia, Bulgaria: More than 10,000 People in Support of Ukraine (PHOTOS & VIDEO)
At least 10,000 people gathered tonight in Nezavisimost (Independence) Square in Sofia, Bulgaria for a march in support of Ukraine.
The crowd, comparable in number only to the first spontaneous protests against the appointment of Delyan Peevski as head of SANS, went to Orlov Most (Orlov Bridge) at about 7.30 p.m., and almost half an hour later there was still a queue at the Crystal Garden.
The procession was peaceful. Participants wore Ukrainian national flags or were dressed in the yellow and blue colors of the Ukrainian flag. Here is what some of the participants said to reporters:
“It was time to show that it's not just the ‘kopeiki’ (rubles) that are vocal.”
“It was high time we washed our faces in front of the world.”
“All over the world, incl. in Russia, there were many large-scale protests against the aggressor Putin, and in our country, the situation was alarmingly lean.”
Last night, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky called in a video message for all people around the world to take to the streets of their settlements today in support of his country in the war against Russia.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Day 133 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Troops heading South, Sloviansk is the New Front line in Donbas
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall