Ukraine: Fires near Chernobyl spread Radiation
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine warned that at least 7 different fires were burning on the territory of Chernobyl. They were spotted by satellite images of the European Space Agency's Sentinel-2 satellite.
“The fire was probably caused by Russian bombing, for example with a shell. It may be arson,” the statement said.
According to the Classification Signs for Emergencies, the criteria for fire in the exclusion zone should not exceed the volume of 0.05-0.2 sq. km, but in the current state of the fire zone, these figures are ten times higher.
In this regard, radiation risks increase within a radius of 10 km around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War
- » Day 279 of the Invasion of Ukraine: USA stated there is “No Need to declare Russia a Terrorist State”
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Day 278 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Pentagon considers giving Ukraine Munitions with Range 'Deep into Russia's Rear'
- » Day 277 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heavy Snowfall leaves Millions of Ukrainians without Electricity and Heating