Bulgaria Expelled 10 Russian Diplomats
At the suggestion of the competent authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria, in coordination with Prime Minister Kiril Petkov, Bulgaria today declared 10 Russian diplomats accredited in Bulgaria as persona non grata, giving them 72 hours to leave the country, the Foreign Ministry said.
In this sense, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Vasil Georgiev presented the relevant verbal note to Ambassador Eleonora Mitrofanova.
According to the information of the competent authorities, the said employees of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Bulgaria have carried out on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria activities incompatible with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
Russian Ambassador Eleonora Mitrofanova perceives this act of the Bulgarian authorities as extremely unfriendly. “Moscow reserves the right to reciprocate”, she was quoted as saying by BGNES.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations