Russia to Declare “Meta” an Extremist Organization
Russia's Prosecutor General's Office has demanded that Meta Platforms, the company behind social media and messaging services Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, be declared an extremist organization by the court. The documents have been sent to court, according to Russian news agencies. The request insists that the company's activities be banned in Russia.
Earlier, Reuters reported, citing internal emails from the company, that as of Friday, Meta was temporarily lifting bans, on its social media websites, for residents of several countries who publish information calling for violence against Russian citizens, including the military.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that if the Reuters publication was correct, “it would mean that there would have to be the most decisive measures to shut down the company.”
Russia's media regulator Roskomnadzor has been restricting access to Instagram and Facebook for Russian users for a week.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Putin: There will be a Mirror Response to the Membership of Finland and Sweden in NATO
- » Kremlin: Bulgaria Expelled Russian Diplomats under External Pressure
- » Medvedev: Crimea is Russian. For it, We are Ready to have a Third World War
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Lavrov: The EU and NATO are forming a Temporary Coalition for War with Russia