Russia and Ukraine Negotiations: No Progress on the Ceasefire
“There has been no progress on the ceasefire in Ukraine.” This was announced by Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba after a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Turkey.
Kuleba added that he is ready to meet with Lavrov again if there is a prospect of a “substantial discussion”. However, his current information after today's talks was not positive.
The Ukrainian foreign minister explained that during their meeting, Lavrov stressed that Russia would continue its aggression until Ukraine complied with their demands. Kuleba said it was “not easy for him” to listen to his Russian counterpart during the meeting.
Ukraine's top diplomat commented that the biggest problem facing his country is the situation in the besieged port city of Mariupol, which has come under intense shelling and destruction by Russian forces.
Asked by the BBC whether a ceasefire was possible, Lavrov said the “special military operation” would continue. “We have not invaded Ukraine,” he explained, adding that Russia had been threatened and had to defend the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which it considered independent of Ukraine.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 281 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle for Bakhmut continues, Russia to expand Nuclear Weapons infrastructure in 2023
- » Germany recognized the Holodomor in Ukraine as Genocide
- » Letter Bomb in the Embassy of Ukraine in Madrid
- » Von der Leyen slipped up: Ukraine has given over 100,000 Casualties
- » Day 280 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Pentagon denies Patriot systems to Kyiv
- » Stoltenberg: Putin will use Winter as a Weapon in the War