Zelensky in front British Parliament: Our Struggle Today is like the War against the Nazis
The British Parliament greeted the video address of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with a standing ovation.
In his speech, Zelensky compared Ukraine's resistance to Russia today to Britain's military action against Nazi Germany during World War II.
“You didn't want to lose your country when the Nazis tried to take it,” he said. “And you had to fight for Britain.”
Zelensky stressed that the people of Ukraine are showing heroic resistance against Russian troops.
He made a reference to Churchill's famous speech in the House of Commons in 1940, known as “We will fight on the shores”
“We will not give up and we will not lose. We will fight to the end in the seas, we will fight in the air, we will defend our land, whatever it costs us. We will fight in the forests, in the fields, on the shores, in the streets.”
The president called on the West for more sanctions against Russia.
Zelensky also assured British lawmakers that Ukraine would not back down and would fight to the end.
Reuters notes that this is the first time a president of another country has spoken before the lower house of the British Parliament.
Write to us at email@example.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Initiative "Generators for Ukraine" collected over 250,000 Leva in 5 days
- » Day 282 of the Invasion of Ukraine: 13,000 Ukrainian Soldiers Died in the War, according to Zelensky's advisor
- » Day 281 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle for Bakhmut continues, Russia to expand Nuclear Weapons infrastructure in 2023
- » Germany recognized the Holodomor in Ukraine as Genocide
- » Letter Bomb in the Embassy of Ukraine in Madrid
- » Von der Leyen slipped up: Ukraine has given over 100,000 Casualties