Bulgarian PM: Our National Interest is for Bulgaria to have a Clear Position on Ukraine
Our national interest is for Bulgaria to have a clear position. This was stated by Prime Minister Kiril Petkov after yesterday's extraordinary meeting of the Council of Ministers in connection with the hostilities in Ukraine.
“The national interest is one. When we see injustice - in this case, we see two Slavic peoples, and one attacks the other for no reason - we cannot just bow our heads. The idea that Bulgaria should be lower than the grass and a bowed head does not cut a sword is not in the national interest,” Petkov said.
“When we are sure that someone's country, whether it is a great power or not, is doing something wrong, we must be able to respond with a clear voice. Unprecedented is our common decision at EU level that only together and in one voice can we have audibility from the Russian Federation. That is why I am very happy that the Bulgarian government did not calm down, did not descend, was not the silent partner,” he added.
“These are 18-year-old soldiers who are currently in the cold, shooting at each other and do not know why. Because a dictator in Moscow has made some wrong decisions,” said Prime Minister Kiril Petkov about the conflict.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Provide Ukraine with Funds to Combat Nuclear and Chemical Threats
- » Day 125 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 18 Dead after Russians Hit a Mall in Kremenchuk
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk
- » Day 121 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Withdraws from Sievierodonetsk, EU Candidate Status Granted