Bulgarian Foreign Minister: We are Waiting for a Safe corridor to Evacuate Bulgarians in Ukraine
“A safe corridor for the evacuation of Bulgarians from Ukraine is awaited. An immediate evacuation from Kyiv will then be ensured”, Foreign Minister Teodora Genchovska announced at a briefing on Sunday. Today, 77 people were evacuated in two buses.
“Our diplomatic mission in the Ukrainian capital is in constant contact with all Bulgarian citizens. They have been instructed and are ready to group immediately at the embassy,” she added.
Bulgaria will Send Military and Logistical Aid to Ukraine
“The situation in Odessa region is calm. This allows us to work actively and with good speed. For tomorrow we have a bus with a ready list and we are working on a second one. The buses are expected to arrive in Ukraine late tonight,” said our Consul General in Odessa Svetoslav Ivanov.
There are 50 Bulgarians blocked in Moscow due to our closed airspace for aircraft of the Russian Federation and the reciprocal measure. These citizens will be accommodated in a hotel, their transportation by land is being prepared, the Foreign Minister explained.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » Day 398 of the Invasion of Ukraine: First British Challenger Tanks have arrived in Ukraine
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » Day 396 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia will deploy Tactical Nukes in Belarus
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down