Blinken: Putin will Try to Overthrow the Ukrainian Government
In an interview with ABC television, Anthony Blinken said that “part of Russia's plan” is to attack the capital Kyiv and other major cities in Ukraine, as well as launch a multilateral attack on the country from the northern, eastern and southern borders.
Blinken said a Russian attack outside Ukraine was “possible”, but reaffirmed the US commitment to protect its NATO allies, warning that “an attack on one NATO member is an attack on all NATO members”.
“The president has made it very clear that we will defend every inch of NATO territory. I think this is the most powerful deterrent against President Putin,” he said.
Blinken reiterated US President Joe Biden's position that the possibility of extending existing US sanctions so that they are aimed directly at Vladimir Putin is still “on the table” if the situation escalates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up
- » Day 168 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions hit Russian Military Airbase in Annexed Crimea
- » Ukraine Stopped the Transit of Russian Oil to Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- » Day 167 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zaporizhzhia to hold a Referendum on Joining Russia
- » Day 166 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Amnesty Apologized for its Report but Did Not Retract its Findings