Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Decided to Conduct “Special Operation to Protect Donbas”
The Russian president said that the responsibility for possible bloodshed would lie entirely with the conscience of the Ukrainian regime and called on the Ukrainian military to lay down their arms immediately and go home.
He said Moscow would not allow the emergence of nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
According to Putin, Russia's plans do not include the occupation of Ukrainian territories, and Russia's actions are not about harming Ukraine's interests, but about protecting itself from “those who have taken Ukraine hostage.”
Putin said that in the event of interference in the situation in Ukraine from outside, Russia will respond immediately.
The Russian president also said that the decision for an operation in Ukraine was taken in response to a request from the leaders of the two republics in Donbas (separatist Donetsk and Luhansk). The purpose of the operation said the Russian leader, is "to protect the people who for eight years have been subjected to torture, genocide by the Kyiv regime, and therefore we will seek the demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine, as well as bringing to justice those who have committed numerous bloody crimes against civilians, including citizens of the Russian Federation."
BREAKING: Reports the city of Dnipro has also come under Russian bombardment.pic.twitter.com/neEdP5CIRH— Conflict News (@Conflicts) February 24, 2022
BREAKING: Explosions in Ukraine's city of Mariupol pic.twitter.com/57ZZVyx5w2— The Spectator Index (@spectatorindex) February 24, 2022
Attacks targeted Sumy pic.twitter.com/ZYtOWasbS8— Liveuamap (@Liveuamap) February 24, 2022
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 286 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Third Russian base hit within 24 hours, this time in Kursk
- » Russia again Hit with Missiles many regions of Ukraine
- » Day 285 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and the West react strongly against Macron’s statement on Russia
- » Day 284 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US Intelligence expects a "Slowdown" of the War
- » Day 283 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians prepare for a Siege of Bakhmut
- » The Bulgarian Initiative "Generators for Ukraine" collected over 250,000 Leva in 5 days