Putin is Sending Troops to Luhansk and Donetsk as “Peacekeepers”
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the Russian military to “keep the peace” in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics in a decree recognizing the two republics. In the document, Putin ordered Russia's Defense Ministry to ensure that the armed forces “perform peacekeeping functions” in those territories.
The documents say the decree on these “functions” was issued “at the urging” of the leaders of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.
The decrees also provide instructions for establishing diplomatic relations with the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 165 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Parts of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant were Damaged
- » Day 164 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv and Moscow Accuse Each Other of Shelling the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant
- » Day 163 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The UAF Destroyed 4 Russian S-300 Missile Systems near Kherson
- » The Bulgarian Ship "Rojen" sailed from the Ukrainian port of Chornomorsk
- » Day 162 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Violates Laws of War and Endangers the Lives of Civilians according to Amnesty International
- » Day 161 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia Officially Accused the US of Direct Intervention in the War