Putin is Sending Troops to Luhansk and Donetsk as “Peacekeepers”
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the Russian military to “keep the peace” in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics in a decree recognizing the two republics. In the document, Putin ordered Russia's Defense Ministry to ensure that the armed forces “perform peacekeeping functions” in those territories.
The documents say the decree on these “functions” was issued “at the urging” of the leaders of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.
The decrees also provide instructions for establishing diplomatic relations with the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Day 348 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Promised Former Israeli PM to Not Kill Zelensky
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » Day 344 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Von der Leyen visits Kyiv, Russian Officer witnessed Brutal Torture of Ukrainians (UPDATED)