Canada Freedom Convoy: The Blockade in front of Parliament has been Cleared by Police
Canadian police have cleared the blockade in front of the Ottawa Parliament Building. The streets around were “occupied” by trucks for nearly 3 weeks in protest.
The Freedom Convoy initially declared itself against mandatory vaccines, but later grew against all covid restrictions. 170 people have been arrested in the past two days. Police used hot spray and noise grenades against demonstrators. Services are currently cleaning up the square in front of parliament and pulling out abandoned trucks.
However, police warned that the camp could be relocated. This came after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a decree on Monday granting extraordinary powers to the government and law enforcement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbian President: Bulgarians are Resentful because We are More Popular in North Macedonia
- » Day 643 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces Breaking Through Defenses near Avdiivka
- » Hamas Released 11 Hostages - Israel Released 33 Prisoners
- » Lavrov Awaits OSCE Entry: Bulgaria's Airspace Decision in Focus
- » NATO Chief: Ukraine Managed to Get Back Half of the Lands Captured by Russia
- » Day 642 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Winter Storms Hit Crimea and the Rest of Ukraine