Canada Freedom Convoy: The Blockade in front of Parliament has been Cleared by Police
Canadian police have cleared the blockade in front of the Ottawa Parliament Building. The streets around were “occupied” by trucks for nearly 3 weeks in protest.
The Freedom Convoy initially declared itself against mandatory vaccines, but later grew against all covid restrictions. 170 people have been arrested in the past two days. Police used hot spray and noise grenades against demonstrators. Services are currently cleaning up the square in front of parliament and pulling out abandoned trucks.
However, police warned that the camp could be relocated. This came after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issued a decree on Monday granting extraordinary powers to the government and law enforcement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Zelensky appeared on the front line in Donbas
- » Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen
- » Rutte: Next year, Bulgaria can take Steps Forward on its way to Schengen
- » Day 286 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Third Russian base hit within 24 hours, this time in Kursk
- » Russia has deployed Missile Systems on one of the Kuril Islands
- » European countries increase Trade with Russia, despite the War and Sanctions