Joe Biden: US citizens must leave Ukraine Immediately
US President Joe Biden has called on all US citizens in Ukraine to leave the country immediately, citing growing threats of Russian military action.
Biden said he would not send troops to rescue the Americans if Moscow invaded Ukraine.
He warned that “things in the region could quickly go wrong”.
Russia has repeatedly denied plans to invade Ukraine, despite amassing more than 100,000 troops at the border.
Moscow has launched large-scale military exercises with neighboring Belarus, and Ukraine has accused Russia of blocking access to the sea.
The Russian and Belarusian Armies began Maneuvers in Belarus
The Kremlin says it wants to draw “red lines” to make sure its former Soviet neighbor does not join NATO.
The US State Department also called on Americans in Ukraine to leave immediately.
“American citizens must leave immediately,” President Biden told NBC News.
“We are dealing with one of the largest armies in the world. The situation is very different and things can quickly go wrong.”
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 391 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Crimea
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol
- » Day 388 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Biden called Putin's Arrest Warrant a "Very Strong Move" by the ICC
- » Day 387 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Slovakia gives 13 MiG-29 Fghters to Kyiv
- » Day 386 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Western Media reports of over 100,000 Dead Ukrainian Servicemen