Trudeau says Blockades Organized by Protesters threaten the Canadian Economy
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the blockades by protesting drivers against anti-covid restrictions in Canada were unacceptable and had a negative impact on the country's economy. The protest movement entered its 13th day, adds AFP.
“The blockades, the illegal protests, all this is unacceptable and has a negative impact on our stores, on our producers,” Trudeau told lawmakers in the Ottawa parliament.
The protests have paralyzed some major trade routes for several days.
Ford and Toyota have said the blockades in Canada have disrupted their factories
Ford and Toyota have said that ongoing truck protests in Canada against covid measures have disrupted the work of their factories there, the agencies reported.
Toyota has said it does not expect its Ontario car plants to produce any cars by the end of the week due to supply problems due to truck drivers' protests against the covid measures and other factors, Reuters reported.
Ford said the blockades had forced the company's factory to close and warned that the protests could have serious consequences for the North American car industry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Due to Good Economic Results, the EU will reduce the Recovery Plan for Bulgaria by a Billion EUR
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine