Trudeau says Blockades Organized by Protesters threaten the Canadian Economy
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the blockades by protesting drivers against anti-covid restrictions in Canada were unacceptable and had a negative impact on the country's economy. The protest movement entered its 13th day, adds AFP.
“The blockades, the illegal protests, all this is unacceptable and has a negative impact on our stores, on our producers,” Trudeau told lawmakers in the Ottawa parliament.
The protests have paralyzed some major trade routes for several days.
Ford and Toyota have said the blockades in Canada have disrupted their factories
Ford and Toyota have said that ongoing truck protests in Canada against covid measures have disrupted the work of their factories there, the agencies reported.
Toyota has said it does not expect its Ontario car plants to produce any cars by the end of the week due to supply problems due to truck drivers' protests against the covid measures and other factors, Reuters reported.
Ford said the blockades had forced the company's factory to close and warned that the protests could have serious consequences for the North American car industry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen
- » Rutte: Next year, Bulgaria can take Steps Forward on its way to Schengen
- » Day 286 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Third Russian base hit within 24 hours, this time in Kursk
- » Russia has deployed Missile Systems on one of the Kuril Islands
- » European countries increase Trade with Russia, despite the War and Sanctions
- » Indonesia has banned Sex outside of Marriage