The US is Negotiating Gas Supplies for Europe
The White House confirmed that it was negotiating with gas exporters to supply fuel to Europe instead of supplying it of Russia, but declined to name specific countries.
“We are negotiating with a number of countries and suppliers,” presidential administration spokeswoman Jen Psaki said at a regular briefing when asked to comment on reports that Qatar could offset gas volumes in the event of a cut in supplies from Russia. She declined to give details.
Earlier on January 30th, EU Foreign Minister Josep Borrell said the EU expected countries such as the United States, Qatar and Azerbaijan to compensate for gas volumes in the event of a cut in supplies from Russia. Representatives of the US administration also said earlier that they are looking for alternative sources of natural gas for Europe in the event of an interruption in exports from Russia. They mentioned Qatar as a possible supplier.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?