Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said today that Minsk had absolutely no interest in war and that conflict could only erupt if Belarus or its close ally Russia were directly attacked, Reuters reported.
Lukashenko said this in an address to the people and parliament, to deputies and civil servants. Moscow and Minsk are preparing to hold joint military exercises in Belarus, north of Ukraine, next month, which are causing concern in the West amid a gathering of Russian troops on the Ukrainian border.
The Belarusian leader said the exercises would help Minsk identify where it needs to concentrate and that Belarus needs to defend its southern border with Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moscow: Sanctions should be Lifted to Avoid a Food Crisis
- » Lavrov: Western Politicians have Obviously Not Learned their Lessons about Russia at School
- » A Bulgarian Delegation will Not Take Part in the Official May 24th Ceremony in Moscow
- » Russian Political Scientist: Let’s Conquer what We Can then Declare it a Goal of the Operation
- » Lavrov: With the arrival of Scholz, Germany lost the last Signs of Independence
- » Colonel on Russia TV1: The Whole World is Against Us